Posted by Rochelle on June 21st, 2008
Last week, I was interviewed by the Vancouver Province for my thoughts on the Vancouver Tech scene. They wrote up a great article (and there’s even a nice picture of me ).
However, beyond what’s mentioned in the article, I firmly believe Vancouver has the huge potential of becoming a major vortex for Digital Media and naturally, technology is an essential component of that! With its unique combination of technology, culture and entertainment (games, film & TV), Vancouver has the talent and expertise to bring all these industries under one magnificent umbrella and really position itself as the Digital Media center of the future!
There are lots of people contributing to this vision and all I can say is that it’s an exciting time to be part of this phenomenal Vancouver team! I’m doing my part to make this happen and I truly look forward to seeing this vision realized!! Stay tuned…
Posted by Rochelle on June 6th, 2008
Today’s my birthday and I’m overwhelmed by the number of well-wishes I have already received! Birthdays are great times to reflect and today, I’d really like to give special thanks to:
- My amazing husband, Geoffrey Meredith, who is truly my best friend, my soul mate and my muse; every day with him is a day to celebrate! I love you dearly!
- My wonderful and supportive family; my mom, dad, brother, step-father and extended family have always been there for me, through thick and thin, and they have been my greatest cheerleaders! Thank you for guiding me and for shaping me into the woman I am today!
- My incredible circle of friends; as I get older, I realize how important and rare true friends really are and I absolutely cherish them! Thank you for being part of my “family of choice”!
That said, I also thought it might be interesting to mention 10 things about myself that some of you may or may not know:
- As a child, I bit my nails. I can’t remember when I stopped, but I do remember being told by family members that I’d never get a husband if I bit my nails. I don’t buy that argument, but I did find a phenomenal husband and I don’t bite my nails
- When I was in High School (in Germany), I was the lead singer of the band, Bella Zooth! It was a R&B band and we toured within Germany and even did a recording at a studio in Schwäbisch Gmünd. Unfortunately, I never got a copy. So, if anyone can track that down, I’d be really curious to hear it
- Speaking of lost copies, I was also interviewed and sang on a Ghanaian Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) program when I lived in Accra in the early 90’s. Once again, if anyone knows how I might track down a copy, I’d sure be thrilled (and cringe) to see it again
- I still have ALL of my teeth, including all of my wisdom teeth! And, I also have a gap between my front two teeth, which merely supports the fact that I clearly have a big mouth
- I do not drink coffee and perhaps more interestingly, I don’t like chocolate! I hear the gasping already
- Speaking of food, I would have to say that my favorite flavor is coconut! I simply can’t say “no” to anything with coconut in it; just don’t contaminate it with chocolate
- I love loud colored clothes; anyone who meets me know this! But, what you probably don’t know is that ~99% of my wardrobe is second-hand! I love a great deal and can’t remember the last time I bought a brand new piece of clothing
- Speaking of clothing, I love to knit and sew! Yes, many pieces of my wardrobe I made myself and all through high school and college, I knit most of my sweaters, skirts and dresses
- I lost 135 lbs and have kept it off for 3 years! This is probably one of my proudest achievements
- My husband and I met 13 years ago when Match.com was in Beta! I have to say the odds were truly in my favor since there weren’t many women in the system My husband was the first “match” on my list and we’ve been together ever since! (BTW, they gave us lifetime memberships, which we both still have; not that we have any need for it )
So, there are 10 things about me! What 10 things would be on your list?
Thanks again, for all the birthday wishes! I will definitely have a great birthday; how could I not I really look forward to the upcoming year because each and every year has consistently been better than the last!